Island Lake Rentals: Ice Fishing
Ice Fishing Hut Rental Fees
Low Lake Levels Impact Ice Fishing Program
Due to low precipitation during 2016 the lake level continues to be lower than normal for this time of year. This will impact the winter ice fishing program in the following ways:
Please call 1.800.367.0890 or email email@example.com with any questions.
All visitors must pay regular area admission fees.Attention: Changes to Live Bait Policy
Effective April 18, 2014
Hole Augering Service*
- 1 hole for $2
- 3 holes for $5
- $8.85/dozen with a bucket
Ice Fishing Rod Rental*
- $10 per day
- $20 deposit required, refunded upon return
Kicksleds – NEW in 2017
- $10 /hour plus HST
- $25 /day plus HST
- ($100 deposit per sled applies)
Model Height of user (feet) Medium Kicksled (T4) 4.3-5.1 Large Kicksled (T6) 5.1-6.0
Quantity: 2 large and 2 medium
Heated Ice Hut Rentals** (not available in 2017)
15 4-man huts, 2 6-man and 1 wheelchair accessible huts are available for rent. They are approximately a 5 minute walk from shore and include the following:
- pre-drilled holes
- propane heaters
- 1 dozen minnows (per hut)
- 1 extra hole outside per person
- 2 windows per hut
- coat hooks
- non-smoking available
Full Day rental
- $36 per adult (over 14)*
- 8:00 am to 5:30 pm daily
Half Day rental
- $26 per adult (over 14)*
- Monday to Friday, any 4.5 hours from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Weekends and holidays, morning 8:00 am to 12:30 pm, afternoon 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
* prices do not include HST
** minimum 2 adults per 4-man hut or 3 adults per 6-man hut on weekends and holidays, children 14 and under are not required to pay a hut rental fee as long as minimum hut occupancies are met.
Seasonal hut rentals available. Starting in January when ice is deemed safe and goes until March 15th . Fee $500+HST
Pop-up Hut Rental
- Eskimo Quick fish 2 – $30/day – 2 People
- Eskimo Quick fish 3 – $40/day – 3 People
- Eskimo Fat fish 6120 – $50/day – 4/5 People
- Holes will be pre-drilled based on how many people fit. Extra holes available for an additional cost. Minnows available at an additional charge.
- Bring their own chairs and heaters
- $200 deposit on all huts
Reservations are recommended for weekends and holidays. A $5 non-refundable reservation fee and credit card number are required. Please call 1 800 367 0890 between 8:00am and 6:00pm.
Cancellations are accepted up until your scheduled arrival, the $5 reservation fee is non-refundable however we can rebook your visit at no extra charge.
Guests that do not show for their reservation and do not call to cancel will be charged the minimum hut rental fee to the credit card number provided.
Snowmobiles ATV’s and other motorized vehicles are not permitted on the ice or in the Conservation Area.
Fishing licenses are required and are not available for purchase on site.
Ontario Fishing Licences can be purchased at Canadian Tire or online at http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/OC/2ColumnSubPage/STDPROD_091032.html
Aluminum boats with electric motor**
- $60 per half day*
- $90 per full day*
- Reservation fee: $5 (non-refundable)
Canoe, kayaks and paddleboards**
- $20 per hour*
- $50 per day*
Solar charging electric motor**
- $75 per half day*
- $125 per full day*
* prices do not include HST
* a $200 deposit per watercraft is required at the time of rental. The deposit is refundable pending return of all equipment in good condition. The increase in deposit is due to the rising cost of repairs and frequency of damages.
- Annual boat launch permit – $35*
- Canoe/kayak storage permit (1 yr.) – $110*
OFAH Tackleshare program: Fishing rods are available to any visitor to use free of charge at the rental building. A valid Ontario fishing licence is required for anyone between the ages of 18-64.
Download our Boat Rental Time Schedule for rental hours.