Island Lake Rentals: Watercraft
Lake Use Restriction
Island Lake rental motor boats will not be permitted to travel beyond the first island (see attached map). Due to low precipitation the lake level is low, creating a weedier environment that makes it difficult for CVC trolling motor boats to navigate. Rental and personal canoe, kayaks, stand up paddleboards are permitted at this time. Personal boats with trolling motors are permitted beyond this point, but use caution as stumps can be hidden just below the surface. CVC staff will not be able to assist in the retrieval of personal boats from this area.
“Live the Lake” Card
Ask staff at Island Lake Conservation Area for your FREE “Live the Lake” Card.
Every time you rent a boat or ice hut in 2016, get your card stamped and be on your way to earn free rentals!
Aluminum boats with electric motor**
- $60 per half day*
- $90 per full day*
- Reservation fee: $5 (non-refundable)
Canoe, kayaks and paddleboards**
- $20 per hour*
- $50 per day*
* prices do not include HST
* a $200 deposit per watercraft is required at the time of rental. The deposit is refundable pending return of all equipment in good condition. The increase in deposit is due to the rising cost of repairs and frequency of damages.
- Annual boat launch permit – $35*
- Canoe/kayak storage permit (1 yr.) – $110*
OFAH Tackleshare program: Fishing rods are available to any visitor to use free of charge at the rental building. A valid Ontario fishing licence is required for anyone between the ages of 18-64.
Download our Boat Rental Time Schedule for rental hours.