Visiting a Conservation Area – Important Reminders
Some of the following reminders are the law, while others are just plain common sense and courtesy. Everyone’s cooperation and respect for these reminders will help preserve the natural beauty of our Conservation Areas.
- Owners must keep their pets on a leash at all times and “stoop and scoop”.
- Possession and/or consumption of alcohol is not permitted.
- Please do not damage or remove plants, picnic tables or other area property.
- Camping is not permitted in any of our Conservation Areas.
- Campfires are not permitted in any of our Conservation Areas.
- When in doubt concerning an activity, please ask our staff.
Please leave the Conservation Area as you find it.
- Credit Valley Conservation owns and/or manages over 50 properties for the protection and appreciation of important natural resources. Many of these Conservation Areas are for the public to experience and enjoy and for future generations to be able to do the same. Some global trends, such as climate change, are putting these natural resources at risk but unfortunately, some visitor trends can do the same. In our Conservation Areas it is illegal to pick or remove vegetation of any kind, including live or dead branches, plants, soil or other natural items. If you see anyone picking plants or removing any resources from our Conservation Areas, please contact us at 905-670-1615 ext.268. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Know which uses are permitted before participating.
- Give the right of way to smaller and slower users.
- Stay right when approaching oncoming users.
- Stay on the trail surface.
- Keep pets leashed, and clean up after them.
- Obey signs.
- Do not climb fences or take shortcuts.
- Respect the privacy of landowners bordering the trails.
- Leave wildlife and plants for others to enjoy.
- Island Lake is the only area that is tested for E.coli bacteria, therefore swimming is not recommend in any of our other conservation areas.
- Childrens wading beach - to check status of the beach please go to www.wdghu.org
- Swim only in designated areas.
- Obey any warning signs.
- Fishing is not permitted at Rattray Marsh or at any sections of the Credit River marked as a “Fish Sanctuary”.
- A valid Ontario fishing licence is required.
- Ontario Fishing Regulations apply.
- Fishing is permitted only when the Conservation Area is open.
- Please practice catch and release of bass.
- Please – no exotic baits. If in doubt, ask CVC staff.
- Conservation limits may come into effect for all anglers. Please check with staff.