15 Month Contract
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Financial Analyst
Summary of Functions
Support the provision of an effective accounting and budgeting service. Provide direction and assistance to staff through the budget cycle. Provide excellent customer and client services.
- 3 to 4 years experience related to major tasks. Experience in a public sector environment would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Enrolled in or recently completed CPA designation.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills - (Pivot, V-lookup, etc.) and PowerPoint. Experience with ACCPAC financial software and ADP would be an asset.
- Solid understanding of financial accounting concepts.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Ability to manage and establish priorities and manage tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong productive working relationships with staff, clients and peers within and outside the department.
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of the annual budget and other documentation to member municipalities and the Province. Provide direction, training, and assistance to staff in preparing the budget. Maintain an effective working relationship with municipal finance staff.
- Assist with the coordination, preparation and administration of the monthly forecasting and project monitoring tool and reporting the results to Management.
- Act as both the budget and forecast liaison between Corporate Services (Finance) and all other departments.
- Full responsibility for monthly payroll journal entries including working with ADP reports, preparing interface file for import into ACCPAC, payroll accruals and staff allocations to various projects.
- Submit annual renewal for insurance including ensuring that all related items are listed and correct values reported; request certificates of insurance from insurer; act as main contact for all insurance inquiries from staff and assist in the collection of insurance information.
- Support various finance functions including review of employee expense reports, property tax bills and utility invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CVC offers a full benefit package for contract staff including health, dental and life insurance, and a staff identification pass which entitles you to free entry into all conservation areas! CVC also offers its employees a compressed workweek and flex-hours.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates:
- June 5, 2017 – August 31, 2018 (35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $62,833
Forward resume by April 30, 2017 to:
Please quote "Financial Analyst" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.