A key role of CVC is to further the conservation, restoration, development and management of natural resources, including ensuring the protection of public health and safety and minimizing property damage from risks associated with natural hazards.
In keeping with Conservation Ontario’s Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministries of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) and Natural Resources (MNR), CVC provides comments to municipalities submitted under the Planning Act or similar pieces of development related legislation from several perspectives – watershed based resource management agency, planning and technical advisory services, proponent and landowner and regulatory responsibilities. In this regard, CVC provides planning and technical advice to assist municipalities in fulfilling their responsibilities associated with natural heritage, water resources and natural hazard management pursuant to the relevant legislation, and to assist in the coordination of regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Ontario Regulation 160/06, Environmental Assessment Act, Clean Water Act, Niagara Escarpment Planning and Development Act and the Fisheries Act.
In general, planning and development related applications within or adjacent to the waterfront and natural heritage features and areas are circulated by municipalities to CVC for comment. Planning related applications circulated to CVC for review typically include:
- Official Plans and Official Plan Amendments;
- Zoning By-laws and Zoning By-law Amendments;
- Plans of Subdivision;
- Plans of Condominium;
- Consents (severances and lot-line adjustments)
- Minor Variances; and
- Site Plans.
For additional information regarding Policy Implementation, please refer to Chapter 6 of CVC’s Watershed Planning and Regulations Policies.
- MOU CVC - City of Mississauga (318 KB)
- MOU CVC - Conservation Ontario (21 KB)
- MOU CVC - Department of Fisheries and Oceans (1.22 MB)
- MOU CVC - Municipality of Halton (908 KB)
- MOU CVC - Peel Region (376 KB)
- MOU CVC - Province of Ontario (285 KB)
- MOU CVC - Town of Caledon (235 KB)
- MOU CVC - Town of Orangeville (187 KB)
- MOU CVC - Wellington County (367 KB)