Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) is a community-based environmental organization, dedicated to protecting, restoring and managing the natural resources of the Credit River Watershed. Established by the provincial government in 1954, CVC is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario. As the primary scientific authority for the watershed, CVC works in partnership with municipal governments, schools, businesses and community organizations to deliver locally-based programs. These programs support:
- Water resources
- Land management and acquisition
- Environmental advisory services (Planning)
- Conservation area management
- Natural heritage
A thriving environment that protects, connects and sustains us.
Our vision is our desired end-state for our local environment and communities. It guides every aspect of our work by describing what is required to sustain our quality of life.
Together, it’s our nature to conserve and our future to shape through the power of science, education, policy and leadership.
Our mission is our reason for being. It provides a path to achieve our shared vision.
Our values guide our actions. They represent who we are as people and as an organization. They factor into every decision made at every level. As our organization evolves, our values remain a constant source of inspiration and guidance.
- Leadership: We lead by example. We inspire and empower the community and our partners.
- Service: We are responsive and professional in our interactions with the public, our partners and among ourselves.
- Collaboration: We work together and with our volunteers, partners and the community to achieve shared goals.
- Accountability: We are accountable to taxpayers, our partners and donors. Above all, we are accountable to the environment.
- Integrity: We are consistent, honest, ethical and make decisions based on the best available science.
- Excellence: We continually learn and improve to be the best we can be.
- Innovation: We encourage new and creative technologies and approaches.
- Holistic Thinking: We see the big picture and recognize the interconnectedness of elements that form larger systems.
- Inclusiveness: We value the diverse perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles and cultures that together inform the work we do.
- Spirit: We help each other, give back to the community and celebrate achievements.