Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Island (5 Positions – As Needed Basis)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Island (5 Positions – As Needed Basis)
Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Superintendent, Conservation Parks, this position requires the candidate to provide excellent customer service and administration of full conservation area program and operations at CVC’s Island Lake Conservation Area for the programs.
- Must possess a valid Class “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract. Experience driving all terrain vehicles is an asset;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff both verbally and in written correspondence;
- Standard first aid and CPR is an asset;
- Customer service and cash register experience is an asset;
- Multilingual is an asset;
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions;
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Summary of Major Tasks
- Prepare maple syrup for taffy samples;
- Working around a hot stove and moving from indoor to outdoor conditions throughout day;
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC-owned and operated equipment;
- Provide visitors with detailed information about the Sugarbush Maple Syrup Festival and about our Conservation Areas from a recreational and educational perspective;
- Maintain a good working relationship with staff, volunteers and visitors;
- Have ability to work effectively alone.
- Responsible for handling cash using a cash register with electronic payment and preparing detailed, accurate daily cash reports;
- Carry out general development, park maintenance and operations procedures in the Conservation Area; which could include, but not limited to heavy lifting, carpentry, plumbing and grounds maintenance;
- Responsible for the assigned day to day operational duties in the Conservation Area and its facilities;
- Must be available to work during our Maple Syrup Festival on the following dates:
- March 12-13, 16-17, 24
- Please note that this position will also be part of our hourly paid pool of employees available on an as per needed basis. You may be called in to assist during peak periods, vacation, or other leave coverage.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates:
- March 5, 2018 to September 3, 2018
Salary starting at: $14.64 per hour
Forward resume by January 12, 2018 to:
Please quote "Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Island (5 Positions – As Needed Basis)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.