Customer Services Representative, Conservation Parks – Island Lake (3 Positions – As Needed Basis)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Customer Services Representative, Conservation Parks – Island Lake (3 Positions – As Needed Basis)
Summary of Functions
This position requires exceptional customer service and administration of conservation area program and operations to CVC’s Island Lake Conservation Area gatehouse and retail based operations.
- Must possess a valid class “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate will be required to provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is an asset.
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Customer service experience is an asset.
- Cash handling experience is required.
- Multilingual is an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is an asset.
Summary of Major Tasks
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC-owned and operated equipment.
- Perform administrative duties, such as, answering telephones, written correspondence and data entering and collection.
- Responsible for handling cash using a cash register with electronic payment and preparing detailed, accurate daily cash reports.
- Provide visitors with detailed information about the Conservation Area and surrounding area from a recreational and educational perspective.
- Carry out general development, park maintenance and operations procedures in the areas as directed.
- Maintain a good working relationship with community groups and on-site operators.
- Have ability to work effectively alone and during non-daylight hours.
- Must be available to work during our Maple Syrup Festival on the following dates:
- March 12-13, 16-17, 24
- Please note that this position will also be part of our hourly paid pool of employees available on an as per needed basis. You may be called in to assist during peak periods, vacation, or other leave coverage.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates:
- March 5, 2018 to September 3, 2018
Salary starting at: $14.14 per hour
Forward resume by January 12, 2018 to:
Please quote "Customer Services Representative, Conservation Parks – Island Lake (3 Positions – As Needed Basis)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.