VOLUNTEER: Terra Cotta Fall Festival Volunteers
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:VOLUNTEER: Terra Cotta Fall Festival Volunteers
Summary of Functions
About the Fall Festival: The intention of offering this public event at Terra Cotta Conservation Area is to connect communities with nature and to develop a deeper appreciation for visiting and supporting green spaces. The festival, themed around the fall season, brings with it seasonal harvest traditions of the finest of Southern Ontario’s agricultural, culinary, artistic and ecological offerings. It also helps to maintain community partnerships and relationships with local business owners, artists, and local farmers all while showcasing the park during a beautiful time of year, when the fall colours are in full force. This year, in honour of Canada’s 150th celebrations, we have included an additional theme of celebrating Canadian traditions via Southern Ontario’s agricultural, culinary, artistic and ecological offerings.
The festival is scheduled to run rain or shine. The month of October especially is that unpredictable month, weather-wise, but we will remind the public to dress appropriately for the weather conditions. We will also have some covered areas for visitors to take shelter, including a 40’x40’ event tent for all vendors to be set up under with walls.
|***Application Process: Please email Sharlene Hardwar, Coordinator, Conservation Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org with which role you’re interested in (we will try to accommodate, but there are no guarantees), dates and times you are available, and past event experience.|
Summary of Major TasksVolunteers needed for:
- Staffing the Information / CVC Parks Booth: volunteer responsible for staffing our information booth which will be located right at the entrance to the festival. The booth will also have information on CVC parks and the programs we offer (Educational programming, Memberships available, other special events etc.). The volunteer positioned here will greet visitors as they come in, speak to the festival elements happening for the day and answer any festival related questions visitors may have.
- Children’s Activity Assistant: volunteers at this station will be responsible for assisting children with pumpkin painting and decorating. All supplies will be located at this station already but volunteers will be expected to keep the station fairly maintained.
- Education Assistant: the volunteer at this station would be responsible for providing assistance to our Education staff in delivering their program to our visitors. Volunteers will be expected to assist children with the painting of river rocks as a part of their educational activity. All necessary supplies will be provided.
- Exit Survey Conductor: these volunteers will be expected to conduct exit surveys (about 15 questions) with our visitors to the festival. The volunteer in this position should be out-going and comfortable engaging with members of the public.
- Parking: volunteers will be provided with a parking vest for visibility and will be required to direct cars to their appropriate parking spots as directed.
|Background Information on the Festival: